Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Attempt to Write Meaningful Film Reviews

Hello! First, let me say thank you for taking time to read my first post. This is something I have wanted to do for some time now and am using the New Year as a kickstarter for this project. I hope you enjoy! What I aim to do: My goal in writing this blog is to provide friends and strangers alike with a review of films I watch. I seek to differentiate my reviews though because I have a background in film studies. I studied at Georgia State University from 2007-2010 in their Film and Video Studies major program. I learned quite a bit about film structure, pacing, mise en scene, cinematography, etc. I wish to incorporate these into my reviews. However, there will be another aspect to my reviews; something I am referring to here as my No BS Review. I understand that not everybody cares about long takes (I have no idea why) and that the homages to other films are lost on some (myself included) so I wish to provide those people with a review as well. These two reviews will differ from time to time. Some times I will score a film higher based on technical merit and then score it lower because it is slow or uninteresting. I will do my best to keep each one interesting though. Thank you again for taking the time to read this and I hope that you will become a fan and a commenter. Please tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment